Crookston comes up short at Thief River Falls
Crookston girls' swimming dropped a road meet at Thief River Falls on Thursday evening, falling 116-49 to the Prowlers.
Madison Hoiland picked up the Pirates' only two wins on the night, placing first in both her events. She swam a 28.35 in the 50-yard freestyle, winning by just .18 seconds, and won the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:18.54.
Mackenzie Aamoth finished second in both of her events: the 100-yard butterfly and the 100-yard backstroke. Claire Oman finished third in the 200-yard IM, as did Victoria Proulx in the 100-yard butterfly.
Crookston saw personal improvement from multiple swimmers. Chloe Boll dropped 15 seconds off her time in the 200-yard freestyle from Tuesday in Warroad, and another 20 seconds off in the 500-yard freestyle. Lucy Smith had another massive improvement of five seconds in the 100-yard breaststroke.
Aamoth dropped nearly three seconds from her most recent 100-yard butterfly time. Oman shaved a second and a half off her IM time. Elizabeth Helgeson improved on her time in the 100-yard backstroke by over a second. Grace Meiner dropped over two seconds from her 100-yard breaststroke. In the 500-yard freestyle, Olson cut four seconds.
The Pirates' top relay team of Aamoth, Hoiland, Oman and Proulx took second in the 200-yard medley and third in the 200-yard freestyle.
UP NEXT: The Pirates return home to take on Perham/New York Mills on Monday, Oct. 5 at 5:30 p.m.
- 200-yard medley relay: Claire Oman, Madison Hoiland, Mackenzie Aamoth and Victoria Proulx second (2:21.54), Libby Salentine, Lucy Smith, Naomi Olson and Chloe Boll fourth (2:57.06)
- 200-yard freestyle relay: Victoria Proulx, Claire Oman, Mackenzie Aamoth and Madison Hoiland third (2:05.01), Libby Salentine, Lucy Smith, Chloe Boll and Naomi Olson fourth (2:36.37)
- Chloe Boll: fifth in 200-yard freestyle (2:44.70), fifth in 500-yard freestyle (7:41.82)
- Claire Oman: third in 200-yard IM (2:51.76), fourth in 100-yard freestyle (1:11.14)
- Elizabeth Helgeson: fifth in 100-yard backstroke (1:46.32), sixth in 50-yard freestyle (45.53)
- Grace Meiner: fifth in 100-yard butterfly (2:21.48), fifth in 100-yard breaststroke (2:21.74)
- Libby Salentine: fourth in 100-yard backstroke (1:44.12), fifth in 100-yard freestyle (1:30.79)
- Lucy Smith: fourth in 100-yard breaststroke (2:02.26), sixth in 100-yard freestyle (1:39.00)
- Mackenzie Aamoth: second in 100-yard butterfly (1:24.62), second in 100-yard backstroke (1:18.36)
- Madison Hoiland: first in 50-yard freestyle (28.35), first in 100-yard breaststroke (1:18.54)
- Mya Bower: fourth in JV 50-yard freestyle (55.10), fourth in JV 100-yard backstroke (2:40.98)
- Naomi Olson: fourth in 200-yard freestyle (2:43.35), fourth in 500-yard freestyle (7:25.52)
- Victoria Proulx: third in 100-yard butterfly (1:41.34), fifth in 50-yard freestyle (32.99)
The Times welcomes your feedback. You can send any comments or questions to our office at (218) 281-2730, Jacob Shames (405) 496-0168 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow along on Twitter @crookstonsports and @Jacob_Shames for all the latest stories and live game updates.