Crookston girls' swimming competes at Grand Forks Central
GRAND FORKS — The Crookston girls' swimming team got back in the pool Friday evening for a showdown against Grand Forks Central and Grand Forks Red River.
The Pirates were led by two third-place finishes: Victoria Proulx (Sr.) swam the 50-yard freestyle in a time of 32.24 seconds, and Claire Oman (Jr.) recorded a time of 1:37.61 in the 100-yard breaststroke.
Oman also finished fourth in the 500-yard freestyle, as did Mackenzie Aamoth (So.) with a time of 1:26.76 in the 100-yard butterfly.
Crookston's 200-yard freestyle relay team finished third with a time of 2:31.33.
UP NEXT: The Pirates return home for a dual with Warroad/Roseau/Greenbush-Middle River on Thursday, Sept. 17 at 5:30 p.m.
- 200-yard medley relay: A team finished fourth (2:31.33), B team finished fifth (3:08.34)
- 200-yard freestyle relay: A team finished third (2:12.41), B team finished sixth (3:02.16)
- Chloe Boll: fifth in 500-yard freestyle (8:30.13), seventh in 100-yard backstroke (1:46.44)
- Claire Oman: third in 100-yard breaststroke (1:37.61), fourth in 500-yard freestyle (7:06.06)
- Elizabeth Helgeson: sixth in 100-yard backstroke (1:45.07), seventh in 50-yard freestyle (46.26)
- Grace Meiner: fifth in 100-yard backstroke (2:16.23), sixth in 200-yard freestyle (3:53.66)
- Libby Salentine: sixth in 50-yard freestyle (39.18), seventh in 100-yard freestyle (1:33.15)
- Lucy Smith: seventh in 100-yard freestyle (1:53.60)
- Mackenzie Aamoth: fourth in 100-yard butterfly (1:26.76), fifth in 100-yard backstroke (1:19.15)
- Mya Bower: eighth in 50-yard freestyle (1:00.19), eighth in 100-yard backstroke (2:56.86)
- Naomi Olson: fifth in 200-yard freestyle (2:50.21), fifth in 100-yard freestyle (1:17.63)
- Victoria Proulx: third in 50-yard freestyle (32.24), fifth in 100-yard butterfly (1:37.64)
The Times welcomes your feedback. You can send any comments or questions to our office at (218) 281-2730, Jacob Shames (405) 496-0168 or by email at email@example.com.
Follow along on Twitter @crookstonsports and @Jacob_Shames for all the latest stories and live game updates.