Garage and pickup parked inside destroyed by Mentor fire
A garage and a pickup parked inside as well as other items were destroyed by a Tuesday, Feb. 16 fire in rural Mentor, at 13043 Elmhurst Lane SE, the Polk County Sherif’s Office reports.
No one was hurt.
The call came in at around 12:13 p.m. Upon arrival, deputies observed the detached garage filled with heavy smoke and fire.
The pickup was a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado.
The investigation led by the Minnesota State Fire Marshal’s Office appears to indicate that a propane garage heater caused the blaze.
Assisting at the scene were firefighters from Mentor and Fertile, as well as County EMS.