Because May is National Older American’s month, May 12 – 18 is designated as National Nursing Home Week.
Villa St. Vincent will be celebrating all week long with a theme of “Live Soulfully.” Every day, fun and enriching activities are planned:
• May 12, Mother’s Day...honoring our mothers with treats for they and their guests.
• May 13, Wear red...theme of the day, Mind...touch, taste and reminisce games.
• May 14, Wear black & white... theme of the day, Music, music entertainment all day long.
• May 15, Wear animal print...theme of the day, Soul, sampling soul food.
• May 16, Wear blue...theme of the day, Body, spa day.
• May 17, Wear yellow...theme of the day, Health, tasting healthy food. Wine social and entertainment with Lois and Lois.
As it does every year, the Villa is taking the opportunity to honor our commitment to the residents we serve, their families and loved ones, our valued staff/associates and our community.
The intent is to showcase how we achieve happy minds and healthy souls. Whether it is cooking and tasting, exercising, singing, dancing, listening to music, playing games, working on projects, socializing, planting/tending to gardens, participating in chapel services or engaging with the “Little Villagers”, the children from the Villa’s on-site child care center, we pay it forward by helping individuals find happiness to improve their quality of life.
“Living soulfully” means contributing to the happiness of others.
The public is always invited to stop in for a cup of coffee, a visit or a tour.
Villa St. Vincent Enrichment and Volunteer coordinator