In order to connect kids to their teachers during the mandatory statewide school shutdown, on Friday, March 27 at 1:30 p.m., Highland School teachers and staff will be having a “Wave Parade” outside the school.
Here’s how it will work:
The teachers and staff will be standing directly in front of Highland School to wave to the kids. Parents are encouraged to slowly drive the loop with their children so they can see and wave to their teachers and staff. Appropriate social-distancing measures will be practiced during the event.
Organizers note that the “Wave Parade” has been approved by Highland School.
• The Crookston Music Trip Parents Organization has postponed the frozen food pick-up and delivery scheduled for Saturday, April 4 until further notice.
• Although the United Way of Crookston’s Jail & Bail fundraiser continues until Friday, March 27, there will no longer be a live event at Hugo's with the United Way “jail” on March 27. Organizers ask that the bail money be mailed to United Way of Crookston at Box 218 in Crookston, or you can drop off your bail money on or before March 27 at the customer service counter at Hugo's as they remain open for essentials.
• Casey’s General Store will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. until further notice. The kitchen remains open, but you’re best to call for your favorites and they will have them ready.
• The joint Crookston City Council/CHEDA Board of Directors meeting scheduled for Monday, March 30 has been postponed.
• Strander Guarantee & Title will be closed to the public until further notice. Call 281-1191 if you need to drop off paperwork.
• Aspen Chiropractic is closed until further notice. Contact them at email@example.com with questions.
• The Crookston Inn’s Women’s Weekend Staycation schedule for April has been cancelled. They are looking into a fall staycation event.
• KROX Radio’s offices are closed to the public.
• Montague’s Flower Shop’s temporary hours are Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Delivery and pick-up options are available. Call 281-4419.