An overheated electrical component caused a fire that damaged a south Fargo nursing home last month, fire investigators said.

Fire Marshal Ryan Erickson said the Jan. 23 fire at Elim Rehab and Care Center started above the child care classroom. The space where the fire started did not have sprinklers, although other parts of the building did have sprinklers, Erickson said.
The fire forced the evacuation of more than 100 residents. No injuries were reported.
Elim plans to rebuild, but KFGO-AM reports that could take a year or more.