This year’s initiative begins Nov. 26, basket-filling and delivery Dec. 14-15

    The Community Christmas Food Basket committee is preparing for the upcoming delivery of the 2018 Community Christmas Food Baskets.  Local sixth-grade students and local churches provide nearly 10 percent of the food for the baskets. Funds received from individuals, businesses and organizations are used to purchase the remaining 90 percent of the food which is purchased locally.

    The committee once again needs your support. Monetary donations may be dropped off in the Trinity Lutheran Church office or mailed to P.O. Box 598, Crookston, MN 56716. Designate your gift to “Community Christmas Food Baskets.”

    In addition, boxes are placed at various local church entrances. Use these boxes for donations of non-perishable food items.

    Beginning on Monday, Nov. 26 to Dec. 7 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. you may call the Community Christmas Food Basket at 280-4405 and request a basket. If no one answers, leave your name and a phone number for a return call to get the necessary information needed for you to receive a basket.

    The baskets will need to be filled/assembled, and then delivered. Volunteers are requested for both. The baskets will be filled on Friday, Dec. 14 beginning at 6 p.m. at the Crookston National Guard Armory. Come and be part of a truly inspirational scene. Then, on Saturday, Dec. 15 beginning at 8:30 a.m. deliveries will begin leaving the Armory.

    Participation with a donation, helping to prepare baskets or helping to deliver the baskets is a most rewarding experience and a true expression of the meaning of Christmas.

    If you have any questions or comments or would like to help with this project, feel free to contact one of the Community Christmas Food Basket Committee members. Members include Jim and Kathy Borkowski, Allan Dragseth, Ray and Terry Dusek, Bill and Kim Gillette, Pete and Ann Graham, Greg and Marlene LeBlanc, Gerry and Jackie Lindsay, and Jean Tate.