Barlow family house was moderately damaged.
A rural Crookston family safely escaped their home early Wednesday, Nov. 14 when a fire broke out, the Polk County Sheriff’s Office reports.
The call came in three miles west of Crookston from 29808 270th Ave. SW, home to Steven Barlow and his family. Smoke was reported coming from the attic, with flames coming from the hole around the chimney area.
Deputies and Crookston firefighters arrived and the fire was extinguished. The house was moderately damaged. At this time, the investigation has determined that the fire started in the wood stove chimney in the attic area.
Crookston Area Ambulance Service also responded to the call.