Family members say the father and daughter who died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning and two siblings who were injured were living in a camper in St. Louis County.

Family members say the father and daughter who died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning and two siblings who were injured were living in a camper in St. Louis County.

Rick Cozzi says his brother, Michael Mechley, did the best he could to get by and that his three children "were his universe." The 39-year-old father and his 11-year-old daughter, Charlene, died in the 5th-wheel camper Wednesday in Rice Lake Township. Two other Mechley children, 15-year-old Karley and 14-year-old Noah, are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at Hennepin County Medical Center.

Cozzi tells WDIO-TV his brother was divorced and the children lived with their dad during the winter and attended Duluth schools. Cozzi says his brother was a great father who was always willing to help family, friends or anyone.