Christmas is a time to share the goodness of your heart with others. We have experienced this goodness this past weekend with the Community Christmas Food Baskets.
Over 235 Food Baskets were provided to over 815 family members this year. We had over 120 volunteers on Friday evening to fill the baskets. Some of these same people along with other community volunteers and student athletes from Crookston High School returned on Saturday morning to deliver the baskets.
The financial support, the food items donated and volunteer response was absolutely wonderful!
• THANK YOU to the Crookston Community for all the tremendous support for the 2017 Christmas Community Food Basket Project.
• THANK YOU to the many who provided generous monetary donations that allowed us to purchase most of the food.
• THANK YOU to the area churches, and the many, many individuals who donated food items that were used.
• THANK YOU to the Crookston National Guard Armory for the use of the Armory for sorting the food, filling the baskets and the delivery of the food baskets.
• THANK YOU to Spokley’s for the Potatoes, American Crystal for Sugar, Pan-O-Gold for the Bread that was donated for the baskets.
• THANK YOU to Bob, Curt, Nick and all the employees at Hugo’s who helped us in ordering the food for the baskets.
• THANK YOU to the Regional Sanitation for the clean-up dumpster.
• THANK YOU to Ampride for ordering some of the hams that were used in the baskets.
• THANK YOU to the area 6th graders in the Crookston schools for shopping and providing food for our baskets. It was overwhelming!
• THANK YOU to Greg Garmen and the PIRATE students for your role in delivering the baskets. What a great turn out of student athletes!!!
• THANK YOU to C.A.L.L. for the many books you donated for the families.
• THANK YOU to the Leo Club Members and all other individuals who provided mittens, caps and scarves. They were wonderful gifts that were added to the basket.
• THANK YOU to Gideon’s for the New Testaments that were supplied for the baskets.
• THANK YOU to Jean and Siri at Trinity Lutheran Church for all the work they do for the project and the committee.
• THANK YOU to the Crookston Daily Times and KROX for the media coverage necessary to recruit volunteers, the financial and food donations.
Crookston is a very caring and giving community. Without your help, this project would not be as successful. May each individual and family be blessed by their participation in the annual Community Christmas Food Basket. Thank you again!
Ray and Terry Dusek
Bill and Kim Gillette
Pete and Ann Graham
Jerry and Jackie Lindsay
Greg and Marlene LeBlanc
The Community Christmas Food Basket Committee