We hope you all had a pleasant Thanksgiving season.
Many of our students cannot go home over the Thanksgiving weekend, so thanks to the generosity of many of our UMN Crookston staff, faculty, and friends, our students had a traditional Thanksgiving meal. The event was sponsored by our Offices of Diversity & Multicultural Programs, Athletics, Student Affairs, International Programs, and Sodexo Dining Services. Special thanks to Lorna Hollowell for coordinating and overseeing the event. This is the seventh year for the Unity meal.
The UMN Crookston has a history of serving the needs of rural Minnesota. First as a residential, agricultural high school (1906-1968), and later, as a two-year technical college (1966-1993) before transitioning to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution in fall 1993.
The University of Minnesota Crookston has some proud rankings this year.
• One of the Top 100 Baccalaureate Colleges in the U.S. by Washington Monthly in its 2018 College Guide. #85 (its highest ranking to date) in its category, Baccalaureate Colleges. The ONLY Minnesota college in the top 100 on that list.
• Money magazine named the campus to the Best Colleges for 2018-19. The campus ranked at number 190 on the list of the 727 best colleges in America.
• In the U.S. News and World Report category Midwest Top Public Regional Colleges for 2019, the UMN Crookston ranked in the number two spot; the campus has ranked in the top four consecutively for 22 years.
Did you know? In 1963, University of Minnesota Professor James J. Ryan patented the retractable seat belt – which today saves an estimated 15,000 lives a year in the United States alone.
Here is the calendar of events:
• Temple Grandin – January 14, 2019
• Graduation – May 4, 2019
• MinnTucky Derby – May 4, 2019
• Farm to Table – August 9, 2019
We hope you can join us. As you may have heard, we have 30 parking spaces that are available to visitors anytime to come to campus. When we have big events in Kiehle Auditorium or Lysaker we don’t issue parking tickets. We are glad you are on campus and want you to partake in all that the University of Minnesota Crookston has to offer.
Until next time...