County voters pick DFLer Swanson for governor race, not Walz.
3,282 of the 16,493 registered voters in Polk County took to the polls Tuesday in the 2018 primary election. A hair over 50 percent voted Democrat, 47 percent voted Republican, and a fraction more than 2 percent were nonpartisan.
Here are theresults:
• U.S. Senator - Jim Newberger
• U.S. Senator - Bob Anderson
• U.S. Rep. District 7 - Dave Hughes
• Governor - Jeff Johnson
• Attorney General - Doug Wardlow
• U.S. Senator - Amy Klobuchar
• U.S. Senator - Tina Smith
• U.S. Rep. District 7 - Collin Peterson
• Governor - Lori Swanson
• Attorney General - Keith Ellison