28 students, 5 chaperones have been fundraising for the past two years
Crookston High School Students will depart next Tuesday, June 12 for Europe on a trip they’ve been preparing for two years.
Twenty-eight juniors and recently graduated seniors, along with five teacher chaperones, will be going on the trip organized by Shelly Thomforde, history teacher at CHS.
The tour is led by Education First (EF) tours, a tour company that leads educational tours for students. Money was raised through fundraisers and donations, including a generous donation from Independence Plus, Inc. For two years, the students have hosted fundraiser dinners, sold Dippin’ Dots ice cream at games, held 50/50 raffles and numerous other fundraisers.
Here’s the itinerary for the trip:
• Day 1-June 12: Depart North America on an overnight flight to Europe. Students will leave Crookston early Tuesday morning to catch a flight in Minneapolis to Paris.
• Day 2-June 13: Arrive in Paris and begin a walking tour of Paris along the Seine River. The walking tour ends with a visit to Notre Dame Cathedral.
• Day 3-June 14: A sightseeing tour of Paris, driving by major sights in the city, along with a photo stop at the Eiffel Tower. The tour ends near the Opera or Arc de Triomphe. In the afternoon, visit the Palace of Versailles.
• Day 4-June 15: Visit the Louvre museum, and travel to the Normandy region.
• Day 5-June 16: Visit the Caen Memorial and view a World War II film. Visit the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach, and see the Pointe du Hoc.
• Day 6-June 17: Travel to Calais, cross the English Channel by ferry. Visit the Canterbury Cathedral, and then go on a walking tour in central London.
• Day 7-June 18: A sightseeing tour of London, stopping at St. Paul’s Cathedral and seeing the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. Travel to Windsor for a guided tour of Windsor Castle and St. George’s Chapel.
• Day 8-June 19: Visit the Imperial War Museum, the Churchill Museum, and the Cabinet War Rooms. In the afternoon there will be free time in London.
• Day 9-June 20: Visit the Tower of London, and free time in London in the afternoon.
• Day 10-June 21: Transfer to the London airport for the flight home.