Clinic expansion to add more than 20,000 square feet
The expansion and renovation project at Altru Clinic in Crookston continues throughout, with more than 20,300 square feet of space. This project will improve access to high quality care and enhance options for patients in Crookston, Altru officials say.
A big part of the expansion was put in place Monday with the installation of a new GE 64-slice Revolution EVO computed tomography (CT) Scanner. A crane outside lifted the CT Scanner over the top of the clinic, and it was lowered into place inside through an opening in the roof.
As CT technology continues to advance and perform more efficiently and effectively, Altru officials say, it is important to have this technology available to patients. The Revolution EVO CT Scanner features the clarity imaging system, a completely redesigned imaging chain for precision, efficiency and low dose exposure.
“The new CT Scanner will provide improved clarity of test results and a safer experience for patients. We are excited to bring this service and offering to Crookston,” said Mary LaHaise, director of diagnostic imaging states,
Construction project updates and new services now available at Altru Clinic in Crookston include:
• Renovated and expanded primary care space to include the enhanced flow technology Real Time Locating Systems (RTLS)
• 3-D mammography with self-scheduling options
• Ultrasound capabilities
• CT Scanner featuring advanced technology
• Renovated physical, occupational and speech therapy areas
• Walk-in clinic hours from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Family medicine walk-in appointment availability through telemedicine technology in Erskine, Fertile and Red Lake Falls during regular clinic hours
Project completion is anticipated later this year.