Brock Heppner and Thea Oman awarded.
The following two students were recipients of the 2017 EXCEL AWARD
Brock Heppner (Parents: Bradley and Kari Heppner)
Brock is active in soccer, hockey, golf, student council, Leo Club, and has been involved in choir. He has been on the A honor roll for the past two years. He has also volunteered at the Food bank, Humane Society, Food Drive, Meals on Wheels, Operation Christmas Child, helped out in elementary classrooms, and has given golf lessons.
Thea Oman (Parents: Andrew and Lynnea Oman)
Thea is active in swimming, track, choir, student council, and Leo Club. She has been on the A honor roll for the past two years. She also volunteers at the Humane Society, Meals on Wheels, adapted toys for disabled children,
and Food Bank, as well as having helped residents of the Monastery move into a new building, served meals with her church youth group, gave school tours to the incoming seventh grade class, and helped out in elementary classrooms.
Excel Award recipients at Crookston High School meet the following criteria:
1. The student must be a junior in high school.
2. The student must be making satisfactory progress toward his or her graduation
3. He or she must be a participant in League-sponsored fine arts and/or athletic activity.
4. The student must hold a leadership position in school.
5. He or she must work voluntarily within the community of Crookston.
6. He or she must meet MSHSL General Eligibility Requirements.