Several bituminous mill and overlay projects done over the summer
With another construction season wrapping up and the City of Crookston’s 2017 street improvement projects essentially complete, it’s time to calculate the amount the impacted property owners will contribute to the projects’ costs, and hold public hearings on those assessments.
The Crookston City Council this week ordered the preparation of costs and the proposed assessments for the 2017 street projects, and scheduled public hearings for all of them at the council’s Oct. 23 meeting, beginning at 7 p.m.
Hearings will be held in the city hall council chambers that evening on the following bituminous mill and overlay projects:
• South Main St. from Old Trunk Highway 75 to 3rd Ave. SW
• South Front St. from 3rd Ave. S to Newton Ave.
• Broadway from 6th St. to 7th St.
• Broadway from 4th Ave. N to 6th Ave. N
• Campbell Road and Twin Drive
• Johnson Place from North Front to Radisson Road
A public hearing will also be held on proposed assessments for unpaid water and sewer charges and charged for current services.