Application deadline is Nov. 2 for grants up to $6,000
The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund develops resources and serves as a catalyst for improving the quality of life for women and girls.
They envision a region where women and girls reach their full potential, and working toward that end through grants, scholarships, education, and recognition programs.
The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund is a tax exempt charitable component fund of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation, committed to improving the quality of life for women and girls in Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau counties.
Women’s Fund grant applications are due November 2. Mail or deliver one copy to the Northwest Minnesota Foundation office at 201 3rd St. NW, Bemidji MN 56601 or email Chris Bell, email@example.com. Grants will be awarded by December 1.
The Women’s Fund will consider grant applications for up to $6,000. To qualify for consideration, applications must support the mission and vision of the Women’s Fund. Priority will be given to applications that support the Women’s Fund goals:
• Supporting entrepreneurial opportunities for women
• Supporting programs that lead to a safer environment for women and girls
• Building networks of women in leadership positions throughout the region
• Encouraging and equipping women and girls to achieve their full potential
Grant funds can be used for speakers, educational materials, program delivery expenses, research projects, and for professional development. Grant funds are not available for scholarships (higher education), general operations, capital purchases, nor for business start-up or operations.
Criteria for selection
• Relationship of the project to Women’s fund mission and goals (as stated above)
• Evidence of grassroots support involving women
• Identified purpose and need for project
• Clear goals and action steps for completing the project
• Description of working relationship(s) with other partner(s) and/or funding sources
• Potential long-term impact of the project
• Evidence of an evaluation plan
A complete application includes the following:
• Application cover sheet
• Project narrative (up to 2 pages) which addresses the selection criteria (above)
• Budget form
• Support letter from someone familiar with the project other than the applicant
• Information about your organization and/or project (flyers, brochures, etc)