Grease fire that started in kitchen causes major damage.

    A home in Fosston was heavily damaged Friday night, Feb. 7 by a grease fire that started in the kitchen, but three people in the home at the time were able to escape uninjured.

    The Polk County Sheriff's Office reports that the fire call was received from the residence at 204 3rd St. NE in Fosston at 8:07 p.m. Friday. Sue Oppegard, 51, was in the home at the time, along with two juveniles.

    The Fosston Fire Department and Minnesota State Patrol responded to the call, too.