Damage to a high-rise apartment building in Fargo is estimated at $125,000 after a fire blamed on an unattended candle.

Damage to a high-rise apartment building in Fargo is estimated at $125,000 after a fire blamed on an unattended candle.

KFGO radio reports that most of the damage was caused by water from the sprinkler system in the 22-story building. The automatic sprinklers extinguished the fire in a 15th-floor apartment Tuesday night.

The building has 249 one-bedroom apartments and is one of the tallest residential buildings in North Dakota's largest city. No one was hurt, though some residents were displaced for a time.