A family of three sleeping in a south Fargo apartment house was able to escape an early-morning fire over the weekend.
Alex Anderson tells KFGO radio that he was in the apartment with his girlfriend and one-year-old daughter when he smelled smoke about 7 a.m. on Sunday. Anderson says the couple got their baby and dogs out after they discovered smoke and flames coming from the back of the house.
No injuries were reported.
Assistant Fire Chief Larry Schuh tells The Forum newspaper that firefighters extinguished the fire quickly, and damage was limited to the outside rear of the building.
The house had originally been a single-family home. The other two units in the building were vacant.