The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council Gallery is currently showcasing the works of 15 regional artists of Minnesota in The Workshop Exhibit, including the works of Crookston artists.
The gallery, in River Walk Mall of East Grand Forks, is featuring artists who have been meeting monthly since September 2012, attending the "Work of Art: the Business of Art" workshop presented by Springboard for the Arts, and sponsored by the NWMAC.
The purpose of the workshop series has been to assist artists of all media in understanding and utilizing business skills in developing their careers.
Artists participating in the Workshop Exhibit include:
- Linnea Barton of Crookston: Paper, Textiles
- Jeanne Griffin O'Neil of East Grand Forks: Lino-cut Prints
- Irvin Johnson of Warren: Stained Glass
- Phyllis Kalliokoski of East Grand Forks: Watercolor Paintings
- Eryn Killough of Crookston: Jewelry
- Lynne King of Alvarado: Color Photography
- Cindy Kolling of Gully: Silk-screen Prints
- Mary Ann Laxen of East Grand Forks: Clay Sculptures
- Therese Masters Jacobson of Alvarado: Acrylic Paintings
- Candace Osborn of Ada: Needle Felting, and Oil Painting
- Jessica Pribula of East Grand Forks: Pastel Drawings
- Kathleen Richert, Instructor, of St. Paul: Watercolor Paintings
- Mike & Linda Rositas of Badger: Metalwork
- Betsy Saurdiff of Grygla: Porcelain Pottery
The Workshop Exhibit is happening at The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council Gallery, within the River Walk Artists Shop in the River Walk Mall, 211 Demers Avenue, East Grand Forks, MN.
The Workshop Exhibit will be on display through the first Art and Wine Walk, Saturday, June 15, during regular shop hours: Wednesday through Saturday, 2 p.m. - 8 p.m., Sunday, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
For more information call the Arts Council office at 218 745-9111, or visit .NorthwestMinnesotaArtsCouncil.org.