A Twin Cities mother says her 13-year-old daughter is recovering at Children's Hospital after engaging in a dangerous activity with her friends.
Devolia Wilson has a warning for other parents — the 'choking game' is no game at all. Wilson says her daughter, Rajahnae, played the so-called game on Wednesday, on Thursday felt dizzy and shaky and by nightfall had a massive, seizure-like episode. She spent two days in the intensive care unit and is now recovering.
Dr. Gigi Chawla, of Children's Hospital, says the blood supply to the brain is cut off to create a euphoric response. Chawala says it can cause seizures, brain damage and even death.
KARE-TV (http://kare11.tv/17SHEX6 ) says Rajahnae's school, Edgewood Middle School, has sent a message to parents reminding them to talk to their children about the choking game.