A structure fire at a rural Gentilly residence early Sunday morning killed around a half-dozen sheep, destroyed the approximately 22 x 36 foot granary, as well as farming and construction supplies, and feed.
Crookston firefighters and the Polk County Sheriff's Office responded to the call minutes after 4:30 a.m. Sunday at the Darin and Mandy Gudvangen residence on 260th Street SW in Gentilly Township. When firefighters arrived, the wooden building was fully engulfed in flames and had collapsed.
It's believed the fire started in the northeast corner of the granary, where a heat lamp was being used.
No other injuries were reported. A damage estimate has not yet been determined.