Fire officials in Fargo say a weekend apartment fire that left one man dead and one woman injured was caused by smoking materials.
Fire Marshal Norman Scott says the smoking materials ignited combustible materials nearby during the Saturday fire.
Crews arrived on scene at the fire at about 5:30 a.m. after receiving a 911 call. One family had already escaped by jumping from a balcony. Thirty-year-old Jesse Daniel Madson died at the scene, while 42-year-old Angela Marie Wentz was transported to a Minnesota burn unit.