Residents are being allowed back into their homes after a gas leak forced a 12-square-block evacuation of southwest Minneapolis.
CenterPoint Energy crews were able to safely shut off the gas leak Wednesday.
Officials gave the all-clear after monitors showed gas levels in the area back to zero.
A CenterPoint Energy spokeswoman tells the Star Tribune the underground gas leak probably was caused by the freeze-thaw cycle that caused the ground to expand and contract, causing a break in the 6-inch gas main.
A resident called officials early Wednesday afternoon to report a natural gas odor.
No fires or injuries are reported.