Generosity of community amazes once again.
Giving hearts is not just the name of last week’s on-line giving event sponsored by the Dakota Medical Foundation. It’s also the perfect way to describe the wonderful donors who gave to the RiverView Health Foundation during the Feb. 14th Giving Hearts event.
The RiverView Health Foundation Board of Directors would like to thank all of those giving hearts for making the 2013 Giving Hearts event a huge success!
This year’s online donations numbered 171, up ten from last year’s event. This is a new record for Riverview, and a reflection of the growing desire of donors to “Give Back” to our organization.
Over the six years that RiverView has participated in the annual Giving Hearts Day, an amazing $334,758 has been contributed by hundreds of generous donors. Meaningful projects have been initiated including the development of a miscarriage support program, defibrillators, state of the art CT and MRI diagnostic equipment, inpatient beds, renovation of the cardiac rehab/radiology procedure room, central monitor and telemetry monitors for the ER Bays, Kiwanis Children’s Fund was established, and the purchase of critical medical equipment.
Some of the highlights and outcomes of the 2013 Giving Hearts Day are:
• We received 38 contributions in memory or honor & respect of individuals
• A few of the projects touched were;
• Comfort bears for pediatric patients
• Work Simulator for Therapy Services
• Scholarships were funded by scholarship stakeholders and their families
• “Forget Me Not” miscarriage program
• “Operation Hugs” pediatric surgical program
• Healthy Moms and Baby Fund
• Autism Awareness and Support
• Speech Pathology Fund
• Baby Blanket Fund
• Kiwanis Children’s Fund
• Pulmonary Support
• “No One Dies Alone” initiative
• Family Practice & Integrative Medicine
• Pediatric Equipment
• Portable ultra-sound equipment
• “AK” Patient Experience Support
• Inpatient Bed for Dolphin specialty mattress
• Shoe fitting program
• Rehab Services
• RiverView Community Support Groups
• Cardiac Rehab
As the Foundation Board of Directors, we assure you the RiverView Foundation’s operating expenses are totally supported by interest earned on board designated endowments given to support and sustain the works of the Foundation. This allows all contributions, including your Giving Hearts Day donation, to be completely dedicated to enhancing and growing medical services.
We would also like to thank KROX and The Crookston Daily Times for helping RiverView get its Giving Hearts Day message out to the public. We are so appreciative of your help in making healthcare a top priority in our area. Again, we thank our generous RiverView community for supporting the Foundation.