More than two dozen children and staff in a day care in Jamestown's old hospital building were evacuated after a construction-related fire.
The Jamestown Sun reports (http://bit.ly/UnPUHo ) that no one was hurt in the incident Thursday morning.
Deputy Fire Chief Jerry Kainz says the fire was located in a tunnel below the ground floor of the building, underneath an old laundry and kitchen area. The building is being converted into several uses, and construction workers were doing demolition work with cutting torches and welders. A spark ignited a piece of plywood.
Two firefighters crawled into the tunnel and extinguished the blaze. Kainz says smoke was confined to the construction area.