Meetings scheduled throughout the region.
Small grains Update meetings will be held throughout the region from Jan. 21-25, including Crookston. On Wednesday, Jan. 23, beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the American Legion, researchers from the University of Minnesota, along with the Minnesota Wheat Growers and the Minnesota Wheat Council will deliver the most current research information on making better decisions on your farm.
The workshops will include 2013 Wiersma/Anderson Variety "Picks" and Strengths and Weaknesses, managing stripe rust and what you can learn from the 2012 diseases and viruses, tissue sampling and much more. All attendees will receive informational materials.
Attendees are encouraged by the Minnesota Wheat Growers to vote for wheat research and promotion council board members in the council elections, which will take place at these meetings. From Area 1, Brian Jensen, of Stephen; Wayne Olson, of Fosston; and Tony Brateng, of Roseau will be running. From Area 2, Kevin Leiser, of Fertile is the only candidate.
The rest of the meeting schedule includes:
• Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 8:30 a.m. at the Vet's Club in Wahpeton.
• Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 1 p.m. at the American Legion in Moorhead.
• Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 11:15 a.m. at the VFW in Ada.
• Thursday, Jan. 24 at 9 a.m. at City Hall in Hallock.
• Thursday, Jan. 24 at 1 p.m. at the American Legion in Argyle.
• Thursday, Jan. 24 at 5 p.m. at The Brick House in Roseau.
• Friday, Jan. 25 at 8:30 a.m. at Northwest Grain Office in St. Hilaire.
The meetings are free and registration is requested. For a complete schedule, go to smallgrains.org. For more information, call the Minnesota Wheat Office at 800-242-6118, ext. 1.