More than 50 people were sickened after a Greater Mankato Growth event a week ago, attended by more than 460 people.
Health officials are investigating an outbreak that sickened dozens of people at the Verizon Wireless Center in Mankato last week.
A Minnesota Department of Health spokesman say the outbreak appears to be a norovirus. The virus is spread through contact with fecal matter.
The Free Press (http://bit.ly/TeoKm0 ) reports it's too soon to determine if the illness was spread through food at the civic center.
More than 50 people were sickened after a Greater Mankato Growth event a week ago, attended by more than 460 people. The health department also has received reports of people who contracted the illness after attending a civic center event for veterans last Wednesday.
Norovirus causes vomiting, nausea or diarrhea. The virus is usually not considered serious and most people recover in one or two days.